Saturday, October 31, 2015

Moroccan Apricot Chicken

I can't even begin to tell you how much my family enjoys this dish. The first time I made it (for a special family dinner) I also make couscous, bastilla and had warmed naan. It was like we died and went to heaven. I got the idea from a Moroccan restaurant here in Portland, and figured I'd find a way to make it at home. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family. 


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless chicken thighs
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots (can substitute dried figs, prunes or other fruit)
1 cup chopped tomato (fresh or canned or boxed, with juice)
2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, drained, with the liquid reserved
1 to 2 cups chicken stock, bean liquid or water, or more as needed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Toss everything in a slow cooker and let cook (on low) for 3-4 hours (depending on the size of thighs)

No comments:

Post a Comment